Travellers Autobarn opened their first location in 1993 in Sydney offering rental campervans especially to backpackers and budget travellers. Nowadays, this successful supplier has six locations in Australia, two locations in New Zealand and three locations in the USA. Because of their concept 'a one stop shop for all backpackers and budget travellers' they have built a steady name within the camper rental branch.
Advantages of Travellers Autobarn
- Free unlimited miles
- No preposed times lot for pick-up and drop-off. You are flexible to pick-up or return between 9am and 4pm
- Interior of all campervans are aged 2018/2019
- Minimum rental age of 21 in the USA (and 18 in Australia & New Zealand without young driver fee)
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Free extra drivers
- One ways and long term hire are possible
- 10% discount on campgrounds in the USA
- Vehicles in New Zealand can be self-contained if requested
- The minimum rental period is 5 days. You can rent a vehicle for less than 5 days but the rental fee will be calculated on the 5 day minimum. The minimum rental period in peak season is 7-10 nights. This also applies to one way rental.
RV rental locations
In the USA, Travellers Autobarn has a rental location in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco. You can choose out of three vehicle types for max. two adults and one child. One of the advantages of Travellers Autobarn in the USA is that they do not work with a preposed time slot. This means travellers are very flexible in picking up or returning the vehicle to its rental location. All Travellers Autobarn USA rental locations are open from Monday to Saturday.
The age of the RV can be upto 10 years, and the interior Age upto 5 years.
Travellers Autobarn has six locations in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Perth and Darwin. You can choose out of six vehicle types for max. five people.
In New Zealand free camping is allowed, , as long as you have a selfcontained RV. Free camping for RV’s with a portable toilet is no longer allowed after a change of the Legilation Act. If you want to overnight without facilities, you need and fixed toilet to be certified.